Monday, July 13, 2009

THIS PAST WEEK:

-Worked for SRS/Department of Energy a lot this week. Business may be slowing down for some, but SRS is having fun spending the 1.6 billion dollars that the taxpayers gave them recently ("stimulus")

- Wednesday night we had a Sunday School get-together at a member's house on the lake (Thurmond/Clarks Hill). It started storming late afternoon, so we figured we'd all stay inside and play board games. But it stopped raining just after we arrived, so we actually went out in the boat and went tubing.
All the kids (and Brad) had a blast jumping off of the roof of the boat dock.

-Friday was "Dress like a Cow" day at Chick-Fil-A. If you dressed fully as a cow, you got a free combo meal. We couldn't pass that up!



- Saturday morning I got up early and went out garage-sale-ing. I was hoping to find a TV to use in my office for a preview monitor for video conversions (and I found one). I was also looking for soccer cleats for Cameron and possibly some tennis shoes for me. Didn't find those.a
But I did see a bike helmet for Christopher. He outgrew his other one.
When I got home pancakes were on the table and we all sat down for our Saturday morning ritual. Christopher (our 4-year old) had just been telling Mommy that he had a dream that he was riding his bike without training wheels. So we decided to take him out to the nearby school parking lot that afternoon and give it a shot, especially since he had a new helmet.
Below is the result:

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the temporary blindness that overcomes a child the moment the training wheels come off, causing them to slam into curbs and trees and other large objects! So great!

    ReplyDelete