Saturday, May 2, 2009

Smoke gets in your eyes.... and nose, and clothes, and .....

Last night I filmed a band playing in a smoky bar. When I say smoky, I'm talking thick clouds. I'm talking instant headache. And burning eyes.

When I got home at 1:30 AM I knew I had to take a shower. Otherwise the stench would have startled Karen right out of deep sleep. After washing my hair and scrubbing my body, I could still smell it. So I washed my hair again with another shampoo... apple blossom... maybe that would help.

I put all of my clothes out on the back porch overnight to air out. I was even tasting smoke in my mouth, as if I had licked an ashen, burnt log. I brushed my teeth several times and rinsed with mouthwash, then went to bed.

This morning I could still smell it all over my equipment bags, even my cameras were strong with the odor. I put all of my equipment and the cases outside all day today to air out. Can still smell it.

How do people live that way? I'm just askin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment