Monday, October 26, 2009

We need Prayer

Just an update on where we've been and what's been happening...

This past Wednesday I had hernia surgery. I've had this umbilical hernia for over a year and it was starting to bother me so I figured it was time to get it fixed. It was day surgery, and I didn't expect it to be too bad. But boy, oh boy, was it painful. As a matter of fact, it still is, even five days later. I could barely move for the first couple of days. It kind of wiped me out.

Meanwhile Karen has been feeling poorly too. She started feeling bad a couple of weeks ago. Aches and pains in neck and back, nausea, stomach issues, dizziness, and other stuff. She's had these symptoms before and it usually means she is stressed to the max. About two and half years ago when I was going to through some emotional stuff with my ministry position, she was on the brink of a nervous breakdown. We figured she was probably feeling stressed again.

So a few days ago she went to the doctor and he confirmed what we were thinking. He said she is very tense and definitely stressed. When things are particularly stressful, it is manifested physically for her. This seems to be a big one. It won't go away. The trials of raising an extremely strong-willed ADHD preteen, coupled with financial burdens and a home business that has come to a virtual stand still have left us almost paralyzed.

Anyway, the doctor set Karen up for a therapeutic message. When she went to the rehab place they basically just talked to her about it (to the tune of $75). So she didn't get the message that she so desperately needs. She plans to call the doctor again tomorrow. Maybe she needs to get a lower G.I. test done or something. We don't know.

Between my surgery and Karen's mystery illness, the kids are feeling the stress as well. There hasn't been much structure around our house lately, and that can get out of hand sometimes. I am so tired of saying, "Sorry, Mommy and Daddy don't feel well."

So we are still praying and wondering what to do for Karen, for our son, and for a financial/occupational breakthrough of some sort (it will have to be the miraculous sort).

Without going into deep detail, it really is a stressful time in our lives, and we could sure use some prayer. I use my blog to vent my inner feelings sometimes, and sometimes it is rather personal, which may be uncomfortable to read. But it is also a way for me to request prayer from my praying friends who may read this. And I certainly "ain't too proud to beg" for prayer when I need it.

1 comment: