Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sore feet and sore back

This week...
Tuesday, I ran live camera at a big United Way event.
Wednesday, I worked audio out at SRS.
Thursday, had a church shoot for a promo I'm working on.
Friday, I shot and edited a commercial for an insurance company.

Then today I worked all day at a Martial Arts Academy, filming three graduations. I have realized that I charged too little for the post-production work that will be involved. Oh well, chalk it up to a learned experience. The good thing is, it looks as though this will be an ongoing account for me.

Meanwhile, Karen is at a womens conference in Ridgecrest, NC. I am so happy that she had the opportunity to go. God made a way for her to be there, and I am praying that she will meet with Him in a special way.

For the last two weeks, we have struggled to figure out who could keep the kids all day today, while Karen was gone and I was working. The kicker was that all three boys had soccer games today, so the babysitting would have been a big job for someone. Thankfully, our dear friend Libby came through for us (once again). And the soccer thing sort of worked out because it rained hard all day, so she didn't have to take them to the games.

When I got home I was too exhausted to fix dinner, so I took the boys to the new place in town, Eggroll Express. It was alright. Not incredible, but alright, and not too expensive.

So now, I am nursing my aching puppies and getting ready to read to Christopher. I am cherishing these times when I can get quiet with him and enjoy that one on one time. He is so precious, and such a character.

I actually still read to the older boys at night, too (don't tell their friends). We read and discuss the Bible every night now. Currently we are digging in to the The Acts of the Apostles. They are enjoying all the drama and excitement of the beginnings of Christianity. I'm loving it too.

Wow, this was just a bunch of rambling tonight. I guess my fingers aren't as tired as the rest of my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment